I don’t make New Years Resolutions. Because I never follow through on them. But here’s what I’d like to do in 2011: I’d like to launch at least one app or web-based service that at least 10k people give a shit about (this is my revised vision of entrepreneurial success — ha!).
And I’d also like to read and learn a hell of a lot more than I did last year. 2010 was a really good year, but I think my offline reading was at an all-time low.
Reading is inspiration. It’s required time to reflect and absorb ideas. In short, I don’t think I can accomplish Goal #1 without Goal #2. So here’s my reading list for January / February (in no particular order):
- Where Good Ideas Come From: The Natural History of Innovation
- Kafka on the Shore
- What Is the What (Vintage)
- Do More Faster: TechStars Lessons to Accelerate Your Startup
- Zero History
- Gang Leader for a Day: A Rogue Sociologist Takes to the Streets
- The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman
Oh, and I’d like to lose another 10-15 lbs of fat too. Reading probably won’t help with that ;-).